Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Making Your Home a Haven: Tidy

This week I am hopefully going to post each day and the posts will be a little different to my usual crafty patchwork related ones. I really enjoy reading this blog on a regular basis. Monica has commenced a series this week entitled "Making Your Home a Haven". I just love this idea in so many ways. I haven't talked much about my faith on my blog...not because I am ashamed but mainly because I am still exploring how I want to develop my blog. So I have decided to go all out and participate in this series. I am actually starting this a day late because of the time differences!!

So I will also look on this as an opportunity to give my home and heart a bit of a "Spring Clean" albeit a late in the season one!

I love this scripture and pray that it will become more and more the way I live:

"But as for me and my household, we will serve the Lord" (Joshua 24:15)

Because I don't share my house with others, I tend to be a bit slack when it comes to putting things away. Then before I know it, I have great piles of stuff which I then get down about...so this week (and onwards) I hope to be more diligent with putting away things after I have used them, without becoming too obsessive about it!!!

So here is a "before" shot of just one area which needs a tidy....will post an "after" shot tonight when I am home from work.

Hope you have a blessed day!!!


Here is my 'after' photo which I promised....not that much difference (because I tend to like a bit of clutter) but I know is it MUCH tidier....I have also managed to tidy up a few other areas around the house which I had let get out of contol....so altogether a satisfying day...roll on tomorrow!!!


1 comment:

Monica Wilkinson said...

Thanks for joining the challenge! I hope you will enjoy the fruit of your effort in your Haven this evening!