Monday, August 18, 2008

Sheep....an explanation

I collect sheep...yes you heard correctly....and this is alo why I named my blog "Just for Ewe Designs". I have been collecting ornamental sheep for about 25 years....no real ones as yet though. It started after some of the people I was hanging around with at the time tried to insult me by calling me a sheep....because I tended to be a follower rather than a leader.....but what was intended as an insult, I grasped wholeheartedly and somehow started collecting the cute little animals. After I became Christian I sort of thought it was quite meaningful....except that I was now following the great Shepherd...Jesus...my Saviour....who saves the lost "sheep"
Sheep aren't as stupid as the general public think...I took some photos on the way home from work today...I love this time of year when all the little lambs are being born...they frolic around their mothers and play together....I tried to get some close-up shots but as soon as they all saw me, they ran away....and the mothers seem to be quite protective of their lambs...besides...they also provide us with lovely wool and yummy meat....yes I do eat lamb...it is my favourite meat (shocking isn't it!!!!)


.......this photo is of just a part of my collection...these are displayed in an old printers block tray...(it was really hard to take a photo where the glare of the flash didn't take over!!!)














This quilt top is one which I have put together from blocks from a swap I participated in a couple of years ago through Southern Cross Quilters....each month for 12 months a different person made a block according to my chosen them....now all I need to do is quilt it.....






"I am the good shepherd; I know my sheep and my sheep know me - just as the Father knows me and I know the Father - and I lay lown my life for the sheep." (John 10:14-15)

2 comments:

asnipofgoodness said...

It is so fun to see your sheep!! I love your collection! You have so many different kinds!!!! Great post, keep it up, and have a wonderful day!!

Anonymous said...

I have an old printers block tray too. Maybe I should use it for buttons! I have quite a collection!