Saturday, August 23, 2008

Finishing projects and a "Gift"

I have had a fun day today making a few ATC's (Artist Trading Cards) for a couple of swaps I am in.

The first is one with the theme "from the attic/garage". Given that I have never lived in a house with an attic, I decided to raid my Dad's garage for some rusted nails etc and tried my hand at rust dyeing...I am quite pleased with the result.






Then I made the next two ATC's for yet a different swap...





















After finishing the ATC'S I have been busy making a couple of projects from Rosalie Quinlan's gorgeous new book..."Gift"


There are some really lovely projects in it....so I framed this stitchery....don't you just love IKEA? and ric rac....I bought a whole card of ric rac from a local offcuts shop for the grand sum of $3.00....I just had to buy it coz it was in my most favourite colour.....








As well as the stitchery, I have also been making some little Babuschka Angels....and because Rosalie's book is called "Gift" and I have only recently started my blog, I would love to give away a few of these little gems...so leave a comment by this coming Tuesday...and they will be winging their way to a few of you....(I haven't yet decided how many I can bear to part with!!!)

3 comments:

Kookaburra said...

Gorgeous work, Lisar, on the dolls and stitchery! Isn't it great to have such wonderful inspiration from Rosalie's book. Maybe she can design some sheep next time for you to add to your collection. Have fun with your stitching.

Anonymous said...

Hey,

thanks fuer updating the comment thing, because I'm your secret Angel and I tried to contact you for a couple of days. Hopefully it will work now. I am really looking forward to start the project and I'm looking all over for things to make!

Lynette Anderson said...

Love those babushka dolls. Rosalies book is very inspirational.