Sunday, February 1, 2009

Coping with heat and stuff

I realise that my posts have been a bit thin on the ground the past couple of weeks.....having returned to work and getting through a heatwave that we are experiencing here in Melbourne has meant that not much sewing has been done.....I have managed to do a bit of reading which has been nice..

Staying Cool.....I am blessed to have an air-conditioner in my bedroom....I find that if I can't get to sleep, am pretty much a write-off the next day....so this has been a great relief in the night time...

I am also a huge coffee fan...I don't drink lots of it, but I am very snobby about drinking good quality coffee....well, it has been too hot to have my regular lattes, so one of my favourite's is to make an iced coffee....you basically make one shot of espresso, stuff a large glass with ice-cream (about 4 scoops) and pour the espresso over the ice-cream...I must admit though, I do let the espresso cool down to room temperature or even pop it in the fridge to get really cold if I am not in a hurry.
I mentioned in my last post that I have been doing some pattern testing for Melly and Me...well here is a sneak peek of the fabrics I am using for the latest things I have been working on.....


1 comment:

Anne said...

I just love the colours that you are using. It will be great when the finished products are for public viewing. They should be fantastic.