Saturday, October 11, 2008

Lovely times with friends

Well, the past few weeks have been busy and hard. I had a cold which laid me low for a little while. Last weekend I had a lovely couple of days away with some of my patchwork friends at Tootgarook on the Morninton Peninsula....we had a weekend of stitching, eating, chatting, and generally relaxing...which was just what I needed....On top of that, the weather was absolutely stunning... here you can see us enjoying the outdoors for one of our lunches....I love this signwriting on this window.....says it all don't you think?...I would add coffee to the sentiment also!!










The beach photos are of Rye pier...










then on Friday I went to......
STITCH-IN AT GLENHARROW

which is Leanne Beasley's and Rosalie Quinlan's annual "Stitch In" at the beautiful Glenharrow in Belgrave (in the Dandenongs east of Melbourne). Once again we were totally spoilt with wonderful weather, stunning views, scrumptious food, delightful company and beautiful surroundings....I may have to make this a double or even triple post as I took sooooo many photos and just can't decide which ones to include....these are of Leanne and Rosie, a couple of the buildings within Glenharrow and some of the girls projects....



..then within the surrounds of Glenharrow are the gardens....
These are one of my favourite Australian Native plants, the Waratah.....don't you think they are stunning?



as I mentioned..the food was absolutely delish!!!! and decadent...and plentiful.....












and then there were all the lovely ladies and Leanne and Rosies projects decorating the "Barn", which is the main area for get togethers at Glenharrow....(L-R...Deb, Me (Lisa), Leanne and Mary)












and more photos from the day......



Leanne and Rosie drawing door prizes....and three very different versions of Leanne's "Butterfly Garden" Block of the month








and now to be a total bore...I just had to pop this photo in of my niece which I took today when we went out with her cousin for "bubbaccinos"....it was taken after the Bubblegum gelati, bubbaccino, marshmallow and tiny teddy!!!

5 comments:

barb said...

Hi Lisa,
Was wondering how long it would take you to put a picture of our weekend away up! A real success!! Also love the pictures of Glenharrow, I think I'll have to try and get there next year. And of course Kate!! not much else to say about that beauty!!

See you later for dinner. xx Barb xx

Mette said...

Hi Lisa - thanks for a great day at the stitch-in! Beautiful pictures. Your blog is great! My creative-blog is at metteskreativeside.blogspot.com.
Hope to see you stiching again some time! Best wishes -- Mette

Anonymous said...

Hi Lisa - have finally figured how to add a comment to your blog. Not only do you make great handcraft items, but you take great photos too. Alison from Tuesday night's BOM with Leanne :o)

asnipofgoodness said...

Wow girlfriend, what fun to see all your pictures. I think I should be planning a trip there, instead of the other way around!!! It looks like you had loads of fun, wish I could have joined you.
love and hugs to you!!!

Unknown said...

Hi Lisa,
I love your blog.. was fantastic to see you on the weekend. Hope to keep in touch via the blog.

Love Cherry xxx