Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Food Glorious Food

It has yet again been a while since posting....but blogger has changed the way things work so I have been struggling to work out how to do posts on the new format....and you know how some things are just too hard to persevere with at times....any how....here are a few photos of things I have been doing of late....
Last week was my Birthday and being born on Anzac Day, I decided to make some Anzac biscuits.....

 The lovely Lisa that I work with delivered this gorgeous box of treats to my door.....

As you would also know, I had a lovely holiday in Europe last year and from my time spent in Italy, I was really keen to have an Italian Inspired dinner Party....well, last Saturday night, my idea finally came to fruition and I cooked up an absolute storm....on the menu was:
Antipasto Platter with handmade "Lumacelle" a delightfully yummy savoury bread I tasted whilst in Orvieto
Wild Boar Ragu with Chestnut Polenta (I also tasted wild boar in Italy...it is so very delicious)
For dessert I made Vanilla and Honey Pannacotta with poached quinces
To have with coffee, I made Canolli filled with Ricotta and Mascarpone cheese with Grand Marnier, some Biscotti called Tozzetti and bought some Italian Nougat.
Sadly I forgot to take photos of much of the meal, however I did manage a few photos.....
  The invitation......

the Antipasto Platter.....

Leftover cannoli........

...and a selection of other delights left over...... 



1 comment:

asnipofgoodness said...

well, first I had to look up what anzac day was, and that was very interesting! ;) your Italian feast was nothing short of amazing, and Iam astounded at your culinary talents!!!!Wow girl, what lucky guests you had!!