Monday, May 30, 2011

Fun Project

Here are some photos of a recent project I have been working on....I discovered an online class called "Remains of the Day Journal" through a blog called "Dispatch from LA".  The designer makes THE MOST amazing journals out of fabric scraps and papers and ephemera.  I am going on a little BIG overseas trip later in the year and decided I also needed a journal.  I am not really one to write in a diary (except for work stuff) but thought it would be an ideal opportunity to write a journal whilst I am away.

So here are some photos of my completed Journal Cover and a few of the pages I hope to write on, collect tickets and other bits and pieces whilst travelling.

The Journal Cover closed:

The Cover fully open:
 

Inside the cover: I just LOVE this fabric...Kaffe Fassett at his best!!!
 

Some of the pages/inserts for the Journal:



You may have gathered by some of the pages that I might be travelling to Europe...yep, my very first trip to Europe... I am going to Italy, Paris, London, Brugge and Germany....nearly 6 weeks away and I am so excited about this trip and the adventures I am going to have...it is still several months away...so I won't go on too much about it....hope this journal is inspiring to you....checkout this blog to see more wonderful journals.

10 comments:

asnipofgoodness said...

Oh my goodness, this is just beautiful!!! So much detail, and thought. I really love it! So excited about your trip, and hope you will blog throughout, or at least after, and tell us all about it.

Pat said...

This is a wonderful journal! I admit I hardly saw the pages as I kept going back to the cover. Aside from the fact that I'm partial to blue, the cover is just wonderful-love the touch with the clothing labels too. A great adventure deserves a great travel journal, and it looks like you'll have both! Have fun!
Pat in Kentucky, USA

Unknown said...

Just popped in to look at your journal. FABULOUS! Kaffee Fassett (Drool Drool) ... this will make such an incredible memory of your journey to Europe. (THe itinerary looks like so much fun). I am sending you the links to my journal ... http://www.donnadidit.net/2011/05/my-first-signature-remains-of-day.html" and http://www.donnadidit.net/2011/05/signature-two-remains-of-day-journal.html.

You have such talent to make a cover like that! I used Sari Material which I love, but I would use something stronger next time. Are you thinking about the next class "Full Tilt Boogie" with Mary Ann? I'll be back to explore your blog. Thanks for sharing your ROD. Donna

Victoria Bolton said...

Beautiful journal, I especially like the buckle! And, I'm completely jealous of your itinerary. Always wanted to see Brugge. Have a wonderful trip, and keep posting as you fill the pages!

Debbie Dawn Numoto said...

What a great place to put all your special memories of your trip.

Carina said...

If Berlin is a possible option on your German itinerary check it out indeed. I was just there for my first visit and really enjoyed the city.

jan b. said...

Beautiful! With all those sweet birdies on the cover, I suspect it will take flight soon. Thanks for sharing. Jan (a ROD classmate)

Nancy said...

Have a wonderful trip, and fill up that journal. You did a great job on this. I'm working on mine, s-l-o-w-l-y. That buckle closure is clever and a nice accent to all the fabrics. Well done!

Catherine said...

Love it Lisa, it's just beautiful.

Have a wonderful trip - I'm jealous! :)

Esther Aliu said...

Love your covers.Safe journey.