Sunday, October 10, 2010

Fun times with friends

Well, I have had quite the busy couple of weeks with my dear friend Joy getting married last weekend...Joy has been widowed for over 20 years and this year she met a lovely man whom she married last weekend....the flowers in the church and hall were beautiful...as was the Bride herself.
 




I have also been away this past week at Apollo Bay along the Great Ocean Road.  I went with my brother and his family and we had a fun time, although the weather wasn't great, but it was fun anyway.  We saw some cute and cuddly (or not) Koala's in the trees...this one is a mother and her baby...I also went on a trip to see platypus in the wild which was very exciting.

Then this weekend I had friends come for the day on Saturday and we did some serious crafting...the girls did a fantastic job on their Babushka dolls.....

 

and then today I had my friends around and finally gave the kids their quilts.....yay.....finally....only problem with these photos, is that I can't work out how to turn them around the right way within blogger....so you'll just have to look at them sideways!!!






oh and finally, a work colleague was getting married this weekend and for her celebratory morning tea at work the other week, I made these special cupcakes for her....

3 comments:

Kellie Collis said...

The Babushka dolls are just adorable! How was it made? Kellie xx

Khris said...

OMG those cupcakes look gorgeous. And so does all your sewing...hugs
Khris

asnipofgoodness said...

My, you have been very busy! Love the quilts, so very special!